Installation instructions for AOL 6.8 beta
Note: On some networks and computers (such as Gallaudet’s), installation of AIM 6.8 requires administrator privileges.)
- If you already use AIM on your PC, sign off and close the program.
- Go to http://beta.aol.com/projects.php?project=aim6&loc=2.
- Read the License Agreement and if you accept the terms Click on ACCEPT.
- Download AIM 6.8 Beta.
- You will be prompted “Do you want to run or save this file?”
- Click RUN. This will install the program.
- Run the installer. (Click on default buttons until AIM Install comes on).
- Read the agreement and if you accept the terms, click on I AGREE.
- In the Installation options, you can go with the RECOMMENDED setting or select your own custom setting.
- Click on CONTINUE.
- When the installation is completed, another window will pop up for optional programs, AIM TUNES and QQ GAMES.
- Click CONTINUE
- When this process is completed, a CONGRATULATIONS window will appear.
- Click on LAUNCH.
Return to Real-Time IM Tutorial
Back to home page